May 12, 2011
By: Andrew Thell
The McDonald’s All-American festivities are always worth a watch. Every year they’re loaded with young kids who will be in the NBA and showcase a select few destined for superstardom in the Association. This clip alone sports cameos from OJ Mayo, Derrick Rose, Kevin Love, and Michael Beasley, but the star of the show is Mr. Blake Griffin. Blake starts out with a couple of tame dunks, still physically impressive but not high degree of difficulty maneuvers, before busting out his trademark combination of theatrics and brute force. That between-the-legs pass to himself off the backboard would play in a dunk contest at any level. But it’s the next one where he catches in mid-air, turns, and throws down that shows the kind of rare athleticism that’ll make you cringe in your computer chair.
Hat tip to Chitwood and Hobbs on the video find.
Possibly Related Content:
- NBA Dunk Contest: You Owe Us Money
- The Fallout of Blake Griffin’s Broken Kneecap
- Yo, Be Easy, Mike Beasley, Be Easy
- Know Your Basketball Rules – ETB Presents the Official NBA Rule Book Quiz
- Blake Griffin is No DeJuan Blair