August 26, 2008
You remember running back Cedric Benson:
- Fourth-overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft by the Chicago Bears
- Slow as a pregnant mule after taking hand-offs in the backfield
- Never rushed for more than 674 yards in a single season during his three-year career
- Finished his tenure as a Bear with a career 3.8 yards per carry average.
You may have even taken him in the second or third round of your fantasy draft last year (click here if you drafted him).
Cedric Benson Photo Credit: Icon SMI
Well, it was a summer of discontent for ol’ Ced Dog. His career already on thin ice because of sucking, Benson had a few run-ins with Johnny Law that ultimately helped tip the scales towards his release from the Chicago Bears franchise. He’s currently a free agent and will likely resurface at some point in the CFL.
Godspeed, Cedric, godspeed.
- Cedric Benson, RB, ex-Chicago Bears – Was arrested for operating a boat while intoxicated and resisting arrest. He had to be pepper sprayed.
- Cedric Benson, RB, ex-Chicago Bears – Double dip! Benson was again arrested and charged with drunken driving in downtown Austin, Texas. After being stopped for a traffic violation, Benson failed a field sobriety test and subsequently refused both a breathalyzer and blood test.
- Cedric Benson, RB, ex-Chicago Bears – Triple dip! Appeared in court to pay a $510 speeding ticket for going 77 mph in a 45 mph construction zone after 3am.
More 2008 NFL Offseason Police Blotters:
Possibly Related Content:
- The 2008 NFL Offseason Police Blotters – Random Silliness Edition
- The 2008 NFL Offseason Police Blotters – Kicking, Punching, and Choking Edition
- The 2008 NFL Offseason Police Blotters – Drugs, Alcohol, and More Drugs Edition
- Cedric Griffin Arrested For Sagging
- Grading the 2008 NFL Draft: NFC North