- The Season's Over -

ETB’s NBA Poetry Corner, Featuring Minnesota Timberwolf Rashad McCants

February 28, 2008

Who Wants to Sex Rashad McCants?Minnesota Timberwolves young gun Rashad McCants has a spiffy new website, where he shares all sorts of things from his love of tattoos to details on his soon-to-be released clothing line, YBG (Young, Black and Gifted). There’s a lot of fun stuff on the site, including gratuitous shots of Mr. McCants half naked and either flashing his ink or giving us bedroom eyes on every page.

Rashad McCants Photo Credit: Icon SMI

However, it’s the Writings From Rashad section that really caught my eye. Turns out the young man is a poet of no small talent. We at ETB always feel an obligation to share the more artistic side of NBA athletes, so here’s a taste of what you’ll find on his site – and hopefully this won’t be Mr. McCants last appearance in the ETB Poety Corner. Anyone under the age of 18 should stop reading at this point, it gets a little… graphic.

Love Thief

By Rashad McCants

I’m not a Grinch that stole love but I’m a thief with no love.
Eyes bright like city lights when she enters my life.
Every morning after yawning we make love to sweet nothing and birds chirping.
My tongue lurking for that spot that says stop and makes ya mouth drop.
I’d spit you out just to taste you again.
And again I’d have this dream during the day where my eyes lay wide shut.
Love has culture shocked my brain and blindsided my heart,
my skin crawls with butterfly touches that tickle my smile.
Her eyes drown me in her deep blue sea. I openly swim naked in her fresh water.
So natural she smells like rain….

(Shout out to Ball Don’t Lie for the find)

Tags: Rashad McCants, NBA Poetry, Minnesota Timberwolves

7 Comments »Posted by Andrew Thell on Feb. 28, 2008 at 4:27 pm in NBA

7 Responses

Does Mr. Rashad have a book published of his poetry?

Posted by: Dawn on September 24th, 2009 at 8:06 pm

Oh, how we wish he did, Dawn… how we wish he did.

Posted by: Brian Spencer on September 25th, 2009 at 4:10 pm

Mr. Brian Spencer, then where can we find more of his poetry? does he continue in this forward motion? are you the one to contact with questions?

Posted by: Dawn on November 4th, 2009 at 1:03 pm

You’re a serious fan, Dawn. I’m not sure where Mr. McCants’ poetry career is at these days, but here’s the link to his official website. From there, you might be able to contact him or one of his representatives about where you might be able to find more of his poetry: http://www.rashadmccants1.com/.

Posted by: Brian Spencer on November 4th, 2009 at 1:18 pm

thank you sir it is appreciated it.

Posted by: Dawn on December 8th, 2009 at 3:17 pm

I just read some of his writings…..I thought(and this is where I went wrong). I thought he was serious that remains to be seen…..thank you for the information.

Posted by: Dawn on December 8th, 2009 at 3:33 pm

[...] leave you with a sample of Rashad McCants’ bizarre poetry. It puts JJ’s to shame: “Love Thief” by Rashad [...]

Posted by: Crazie Talk » Blog Archive » Day Two: Ten Heels We Love to Hate – Part II on February 5th, 2010 at 10:58 pm